Sunday, December 2, 2012

Spendin' time

Recently I spoke with a fellow pinup artist to see if she had any suggestions for getting some art sales. My goal is to get enough freelance work to stay home part time or full time. So far I have only sold one art print, and thrown lots of money at it. This is very discouraging and some days I feel like throwing in the towel. Still something seems to drive me to create. I am not merely content with a "normal job", in fact it bores me to death some days. There is some balance to this, a day job keeps me in a schedule, something I think might go awry if I was a full time freelancer.
Back to my conversation with fellow artist, she had great suggestions, most of which I am already implementing so patience and persistence are the biggest factors. Not being my strong suit, I better figure out something to do in the mean time. So far I love making gifts for my friends and family, counterproductive I know, and it does take up some time. Currently I am making personalized Santa bags for my boys. More for my benefit, there is no wrapping, just a bag with their name on it filled with gifts from Santa on Christmas morning. Well, it makes me happy anyway, and hopefully inspired to work on some more of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment