Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The wonder of an art "first"!

Today I got to see the bright faces of children who had discovered something new with art today!

I am helping my son's teacher with her class while she does some state mandated evaluations. Today was the first time the class got to do watercolor, and I got to teach them!

We had some coffee filters that we folded up and then we put on the paint, seeing if we could mix two primary colors to get a secondary color! Seems simple I know, but the look on the children's faces when they opened up their filters to see their original designs was priceless.

 I didn't take any pics, but I am going back tomorrow to help again so perhaps I can sneak a few pics. Sometimes the simplest things makes children so happy and they are learning too. One watercolor set with paintbrush and some paper will set you back maybe ten dollars, and the hours of fun and learning are worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment